The independent national electoral commission (INEC) says “BVAS will work very well” for the Governorship and state House of Assembly election.
Professor Mahmood Yakubu has gives his word after meet with the official of commission for Abuja on Saturday, 4 March.
This comes after the commission declare Bola Tinubu the ruling of the APC party winner, with 37 percent of the votes for presidential election.
“The INEC intensity the review of the machines to ensure that their is no problem experience, even the uploading of results was sorted”, Professor Mahmood Yakubu said.
“We still have confidence that going forward with the system will work smoothly” He said too.
This is the third time in less than two months he meets out with people on-top of the election issues.
Atiku Abubakar and Peter Obi says they take challenge of the result to court.
although INEC fail to upload election results straight from polling units for presidential election.
The INEC say it was technical challenges that made them not to upload results from polling units.
So therefore, this is the five things that will happen for Governorship election has he address the challenges they are facing.
The five things that INEC will use for Governorship election
- INEC will refresh training for ad hoc that takes part for the last election.
- On the election day, INEC will comes with Bimodal voters accreditation system(BVAS).
- INEC say the (BVAS) is for voters accreditation and results management.
- Record most take disciplinary action against anyperson that it was found wrong.
- Any staffs that he was found careless, whether regular or ad hoc officials, including the collation and returning officers, we not involves with forthcoming elections.
According to the election join body INEC, 28 States will observe Governorship elections.
House of assembly and Governorship results election will take place on 11 March.
Meanwhile, they also said that they will present Certificate of Return to Senators-elect on Tuesday, 7 March for national collation center, Abuja.
Finally, members of House of Representatives-elect will receive their own on Wednesday, 8 March in the same venue.